Tuesday, June 29

A whirlwind of inspiration

Well I’ve shamefully not written for a while. I’ve been around and about doing all sorts of things. I went to a multimedia training day hosted by duckrabbit which I must say was fantastic. Panos multimedia producer Anna Stevens was one of the guest speakers and showed some interesting multimedia she has worked on in the past. We all viewed Robin Hammond's Tuvulu multimedia piece which included some amazing medium format triptychs. There was an interesting kit talk and all important tips about how to make money using 'mm' with lots of good audience participation. Both duck and rabbit were fun and concise about the whole process. I also popped along to slideluck potshow in the evening, saw the beautiful Sally Mann exhibition and spent some time with my nan. I’m now trying to come back down to earth from shooting a Sikh wedding at the weekend...

Almost back in a vague routine I’m remembering how I felt when looking at Sally Mann’s photographs. I’ve admired her work for so long in books it was wonderful to see them in a gallery and stand in front of them for a while. There is something about her images especially seeing them in the larger size not shrunk to a page that really communicates an inexplicable beauty. I found it very hard to tear myself away and watched an interesting interview with her when I got home.

Shiva at Whistle Creek, 1992

Vinland, 1992

Three Generations 1987-1997

No comments:

Post a Comment