Friday, June 11

Between Then and Now

Whilst looking around the Bristol Festival of Photography and blogging on the life.still site about the interesting photography at the festival I came across some images that really stood out from a lot of the work I've seen. They were on the wall at the Arts House as part of an open submission. I felt like I had seen the images somewhere before but the photographer did not have a sign up next to her name. After some digging around I found out they were by Evi Lemberger and her work was featured in foto8 magazine sometime ago and I remember seeing them there. I really love the feel of her images, there is something nostalgic and dreamy about them that leaves me feeling that these people are somehow familiar to me - that they belong to a past we all share and are waiting to tell me their stories. You can see her story Between Then and Now on the foto8 blog here.

"Between Then and Now is a documentary project about people and places from a vanishing world. This vanishing world is situated in the Bavarian Forest, which is characterised by its rural structure and is undergoing massive shifts from a traditional to a modern society. As a result of this change is the loss of an old lifestyle, along with its values and traditions."

Kolmar Xaver

Boasn Sepp

Brandl

No comments:

Post a Comment