Tuesday, August 2

I left my heart in Novo mesto

Wow - or OMG! as Brenda Ann Kenneally would say. I just had the most amazing and intense week at Fotopub festival. I am now resting my voice which I've almost lost from talking so much. Mike and I had a brilliant group on our multimedia workshop who produced some great photofilms. Everyone worked very hard (outside of drinking hours) and got their final pieces finished. Mike and I stepped up and delivered two lectures which was terrifying but exciting all the same time. We watched and learn't from Robert Knoth, Brenda Ann Kenneally, Ed Ou, Uros Abram, Vilma Samulionyte, Jean Christophe, Ivana Tomanovic, Bostjan Pucelj, and of course the bright and bouncing Borut Peterlin and Simone de Greef. It will take me a while to digest everything I've experienced in the last week but as Mike said - thanks duckrabbit for believing in us and sending us in the direction of Slovenia. Chris de Bode is one of the funniest men I've had the pleasure to meet and is truly gifted as a performer, photographer and art director of the festival.

Fotopub have got something very right in the formula for the festival and the team that puts everything together behind the scenes work their socks off (Andre j, Dusan, Ursa to name a few). Seriously, if you've never been to Fotopub sign up for next year as soon as you can - you won't regret it.

All you lot from last week - sending you GREAT ENERGY and looking forward to another river swim soon. xxx

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant...I mean...err...great energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, great energy Rebecca!
    As for next year, I'll do my best DJ will be fired. Luckily he had his moments on Saturday :-)

    Thanks for all the input you and Mike invested in Fotopub and I hope we were worthy students. Here is my photo movie: http://borutpeterlin.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/my-best-photo-movie-fotopub-festival-2011/

    Hope to see you sooner then at next year's Fotopub. And please spread the word about the festival, we're horrible at PR.
    Ciao,
    B5

    ReplyDelete